| From: taylan kuecuek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
| how can i add a jsp to this project???
|
| if i add a servlet, it will be placed under src folder but if i try to
| add a jsp then i must to place it under Webcontent. make it a problem
| ??? and must i edit the web.xml file for jsp file too???

I haven't used Eclipse recently, but ISTR that I used to use the "Web"
view, and add my JSPs under the (HTML?) folder.  This is assuming you
started by creating a Web project.  I think if you use the Create File
wizard to create the JSP, it'll take care of updating web.xml for you.

| and another question. this is not a tomcat question but maybe can
| anybody give me an answer.
|
| i want to use jsp servlet and ejb. for example with a html form i will
| take the login information from an user and then make a connection
with
| the DB and check whether this info true is or not.
| in this scenario what is for what responsible???
| should ejb with the DB communicate?    if yes how can i realize it?

Current practice is to have a Data Access Object that handles the
database access.  It's a POJO that your EJB would instantiate and use to
get the data.  If you're using EJB3 / JPA then there are probably other
approaches.  I've just started playing with JPA, so I don't know what
they are yet ;)

You might want to check out the core J2EE patterns site:
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/index.html.  Lots of
solutions to common situations.