Hi,

No matter is Linux or Window, JNDi should be same. You can use the way I
wrote for your first reply. It works fine with 5.5.x both at
Linux/Unix/Windows.

Good luck

On 9/27/06, David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On JNDI connection problems:  We'll need to see more.  Specifically the
jsp code calling for the sql connection and the web.xml.  A full stack
trace of the error you get would be excellent as well.  Lastly, confirm
the mysql jdbc driver is in common/lib of the tomcat directory, not
WEB-INF/lib of your webapp.

On configuring in server.xml, this is fast becoming a file that should
be left alone for all but general server configuration.  JNDI resources
should be defined either in your [webapp_name].xml file in
conf/Catalina/localhost or a context.xml file placed in the META-INF
directory of a .war file unless you really want the resource available
to all web applications in tomcat.

On the admin webapp problems:  I don't use it, so I can't help.  Maybe
someone else could comment?

--David

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html