Hi,

I have several servers all running the same software that have recently started
having trouble.

The symptom is that intermittently, usually (but not always) on a POST after a
delay of 30 -  60 seconds, my users receive "The page cannot be displayed"
error.  When they click refresh the correct page is displayed immediately with
the correct content.  I have inspected the packet data of the request and it
seems that the server sends a RST packet directly after the client requests the
page. I have searched google for days to no avail. Please help.

I think the problem most likely has something to do with Tomcat because I don't
receive this error with my mail server, dns, etc.

To troubleshoot this problem I have done the following, which have all had no
effect:
Disabled the firewall (now enabled)
Used Apache with a connector
Added and changed the "connectionLinger" value in the connector to a few values
Updated various other connector properties
Replaced the Linksys switch with an unmanaged switch
Reinstalled the application

Here are the details of my systems:
OS: RH ES3
CPU: Dual Xeon with hyperthreading enabled
RAM: 2GB
Tomcat: 5.0.28
Java: j2sdk1.5.0_06

Thanks,