-----Mensagem original-----
De: Bruno Georges [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviada em: terça-feira, 3 de outubro de 2006 09:39
Para: Tomcat Users List
Cc: users@tomcat.apache.org
Assunto: Re: the future of Tomcat... (JEE 5 and Tomcat 6)

Paulo

Did you look at Seam http://www.jboss.com/products/seam ?

"JBoss Seam is a powerful new application framework to build next
generation Web 2.0 applications by unifying and integrating popular service
oriented architecture (SOA) technologies like Asynchronous JavaScript and
XML(AJAX), Java Server Faces(JSF), Enterprise Java Beans(EJB3), Java
Portlets and Business Process Management(BPM) and workflow.
..."

Seam applications can be deployed on Tomcat.
[http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossseam/faq]

Q: Can I run Seam outside of JBoss AS?

A: Yes, you can run Seam applications in plain Tomcat 5.5+ or in the Sun
GlassFish application server. To run Seam application in Tomcat, you need a
number of additional library files and a few configuration files to
bootstrap the JBoss EJB3 inside Tomcat. Please refer to the tomcat ANT
build target for the Seam booking example (in the examples/booking
directory of the Seam distribution) for more on how to build a Tomcat WAR
for Seam applications. Refer to this blog post on how to run Seam in Sun's
Glassfish application server.

Hope this helps.

With Best Regards
Bruno Georges

Glencore International AG
Tel. +41 41 709 3204
Fax +41 41 709 3000

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Paulo Alvim"   |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           c.com.br>       |
|         |                           |
|         |           03.10.06 13:11  |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Tomcat Users|
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      <users@tomcat.apache.org>
|
  |        cc:
|
  |        Subject: the future of Tomcat... (JEE 5 and Tomcat 6)
|

  |Distribute:

  |Personal?               |-------|

  |                        | [ ] x |

  |                        |-------|

Hi!

We're heavy TC 5.x users with lots of sucessfull production cases in Brazil
using Hibernate, Struts and others OSS (after bad EJB 2.x experiences like
many companies)...

But now with EJB 3.0 and JSF 1.2 - and lots of improvements in the JEE
specification - we'll have to migrate to a JEE 5 environment.

Our questions are:

Will Tomcat 6.0 really support JSF 1.2 and JSP 2.1? If so, is there any
date?

We know that Sun is promoting Glassfish also as servlet/jsp reference and
that Craig McClanahan is also commited with that... what can we expected
from Tomcat after this definition? (We'd like to be able to work with both,
since we can already get EJB3 detached 'containers'... and we have many
customers with TC 5.x in production!)

Since Tomcat is a very sucessfull Apache OSS project with lots of strategic
interests around it, these information would be very helpfull for lots of
companies like us.

Thank you in advance!

Paulo Alvim
Powerlogic

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are
strictly
confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a
named recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by
replying
to this email inserting the word "misdirected" as the message and delete
this
e-mail from your system.