From: Goykhman, Boris Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 6:01 PM
To: 'users@tomcat.apache.org'
Subject: How to stop using catalina.out with Tomcat 5.5.9?

Hi I am using Tomcat 5.5.9 with Log4J. I want to stop using catalina.out as logging output and only use log4j files instead. However, no matter what I do Tomcat keeps appending log4j outputs to catalina.out. According to Tomcat documentation, only System.out and System.err output goes there. I set up my log4j logging according to this document: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be
confidential and/or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized agent of an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments
immediately.