From: Pid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 09 October 2006 13:15
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JNDI inside a JAAS LoginModule

good question.
anyone?

John McPeek wrote:
Hi all,
I am hitting a database form a LoginModule. I would like to use a
datasource. I don't have any problem configuring the datasource and
accessing it from an app. I have a global resource

  <GlobalNamingResources>
      <Resource driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" maxActive="20"
          maxIdle="5" maxWait="5000" name="jdbc/coolNewApp"
          password="password" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
          url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/coolNewSchema"
          username="username" />
  </GlobalNamingResources>

And I add a <ResourceLink> in the <context> element. All is well in the
app. When I do

          Context ctx = new InitialContext();
          Object o = ctx.lookup( "java:comp/env/jdbc/coolNewApp" );

in the LoginModule I get an exception.
      javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in
this Context

Is it possible to use Tomcat's JNDI in a LoginModule, or am I missing
configuration.

Thanks,
John McPeek