Hello, I hope that someone will be able to help us with tis one.

Our application relies on Tomcat to get client certificates and sends them
for validation. This works well, but the problem is that if the user browser
does not have any certificate that is acceptable to Tomcat, or if s/he
clicks "Cancel" at the browser certificates list window, the result is not
very helpful:

- Internet Explorer shows the standard error page with "Server not found or
DNS error"
- Firefox is more helpful and says "the certificate was rejected. Error
code: -12271", but not explanatory enough.

We need to provide a meaningful explanation page to the user, but we have
been unable to find out how to customize Tomcat to do this. Our
investigations in this and other mailing lists did not provide a solution.
We tried to define error pages in web.xml for codes 401 and 403, but it
didn't work.

Can someone please tell me if this is at all possible, and how to do it?
Thanks!

Pere