Hi,
I want to do one time initialization of some data at my back end code when using tomcat as my container. To be precise I want to initialize the DB connection to mysql db and later when connection is requested from my DB layer I want to simply return the connection from a connection pool. Thus loading of driver is one time thing. But I don't know how to invoke some code which is done only once?

I understand that modifying server.xml and web.xml and putting the driver jar in appropriate place the tomcat loads the driver automatically and then using code like this one can get connection:

   ///The following code needs to be executed only once
   Context ctx = new InitialContext();
   if(ctx == null )
           throw new Exception("Boom - No Context");

DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/javatest");

but this code needs to be invoked from somewhere so that I have reference to DataSource but how to invoke it is not known and that is what my confusion is. Please help.

Thanks,
Divick