OK, i did read it --> conclusion: you don't have to set it. so i adjusted my
web-app.xml by deleting the path-attribute, resulting in:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!-- Tomcat AquaGis4Web Context -->
<Context displayName="AquaGis4Web" docBase="AquaGis4Web" debug="2"
reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
 <ResourceLink name="jdbc/db" global="jdbc/db" type="java.lang.String" />
</Context>

but still getting the "A docBase C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat AG4W\webapps\AquaGis4Web inside the host appBase has been
specified, and will be ignored" - message

>>> "Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/10/2006 15:45 >>>

> From: Roel De Nijs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: From Tomcat 5.0.28 to 5.5.20
>
> i want to migrate from tomcat 5.0 to tomcat 5.5, but it's not
> going very smoothly.
>
> but i'm very confused with the contexts.
>
> any tips, hints, suggestions, remarks

For a start, read the 5.5 doc for <Context>, in particular the
description of the path attribute:

"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be infered [sic] from the filenames
used for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.