Yes I use server.xml to configure the comcat embedded, and only for connector ports, I attach the server.xml, hopefully its usefull for you.

On 10/13/06, Miguel Correia Ricardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But, do you use server.xml to configure tomcat embedded? For example,
for the connector ports? If so, how may I ask?

Best regards,
Miguel

On 10/12/06, Andre Prasetya < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Miguel, I m using tomcat embedded but i still use server.xml too
>
> -Andre-
>

> On 10/10/06, Miguel Correia Ricardo < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having a doubt that is bugging me. And I need to solve it also.
> > Everywhere I look, it says that by using Tomcat Embedded I don't need
> > the server.xml configuration file. Ok, I can understand why... But,
> > what about the Connector ports, how do I know at advance wich one are
> > busy or not... I want to be able to use Tomcat Embedded and still use
> > the server.xml configuration file, for the most various reasons, one
> > of them is to define the Connector ports.
> >
> > Is there any class in the tomcat *.jars that will help me achieve it
> > easily? Or I have to follow the same thing that Catalina is doing,
> > that is, creating a Digest object, set the Sax rules, and so on...
> >
> > Hope you can help. And thanks in advance.
> >
> > My best regards,
> > Miguel Correia Ricardo

> --
> -Andre-
>
> PCs are like air conditioner, if you open Windows, they don't work

-Andre-

PCs are like air conditioner, if you open Windows, they don't work
<Server port="16002" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <!-- Used by Manager webapp -->
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
      description="User database that can be updated and saved">
    </Resource>
    <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
      <parameter>
        <name>factory</name>
        <value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>pathname</name>
        <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>
  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <Service name="Catalina">
    <Connector port="16001" />

    <!-- This is here for compatibility only, not required -->
    <Connector port="16000" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

              prefix="catalina_log."
              suffix=".txt"
              directory="${project.home}/logs"
              timestamp="true"/>

             resourceName="UserDatabase" />

      <!--
      Host - appBase should point to your cvs directory that host your projects
      -->
      <Host name="localhost" appBase="${project.home}/build/${telco.name}">

                  prefix="host_localhost_${telco.name}_log."
                  suffix=".txt"
                  directory="${project.home}/logs"
                  timestamp="true"/>

      </Host>