Thube,

> We have a problem in our production system. Following is our environment.
>
> Tomcat 3.3.1a
> AIX 5.3
> IBM JDK 1.3.1
> Apache/1.3.28
>
> This system was working fine previously without any problems for 3 years
> the
> only change that we did was changed from AIX 5.1 ML 4 to AIX 5.3 ML5 and
> below problems started.

This may be completely unrelated, but I have a friend working on AIX
w/IBM's JDK and they were having a very strange problem reading files
over 2GB. I know it sounds totally unrelated, but you never know.

They upgraded to IBM's 64-bit JVM and it fixed their bug (IBM's VM on
AIX apparently has some limitations such as the sizes of files it can read).

Since you just upgraded the OS, it might have triggered this issue. Are
you using a 64-bit architecture? If so, are you using a 64-bit or 32-bit
JVM?

-chris