Sir,

        I in no way am implying that the members of this list have been
derisive. I meant to state answers I found else where seemed dersive. I
did find an example of a non-derisive "write it in Java". I sumbit to
your attention:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200310.mbox/%3cLLE
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As well as:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Perl/Q
_21216234.html

For the above you have to pay/register for the solution, and I am leery
of it, but it is an excellent example of my problem.

Thank you all again for your help. I may just have to take a self-taught
crash course in Java....or socket programming in Perl. :P

V/R

~Warren Halstead

David Smith wrote:

Really?! I've been on this list for a while and do not recall such
derisive comments. Perhaps a more optimistic approach would help.

As to the problem, I don't use the setup you are attempting, so you are
going to have to help with some more info. Specifically a code example
and logs for the moment when the connection is attempted. Further, some
information regarding the environment would also be helpful -- security
settings, etc., ... It may be that the CGI is relying on environment
variables that aren't available to the tomcat service.

 --David