I made a change to a jar file for a web app and uploaded it using my normal
process.  Immediately after refreshing the jar on the server, Tomcat went
into an infinite loop restarting the app (See snippit from stdout log
below).

Any ideas what could have caused this?  I erased the jars and re-uploaded
and it works fine now.  Must have been something got corrupted in the jar
during ftp.  But even so, I wouldn't expect tomcat to go into an infinite
loop.

This looped for a LONG time before I caught it (ok... should have checked it
after the upload... but it was a tiny fix, and I've never seen anything like
this before).

Is there any way to specify that tomcat should simply give up if an app
doesn't start after 'n' tries within a couple of minutes?

(BTW... I'm on Tomcat 5.5.7)

Oct 17, 2006 1:09:50 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
modified
INFO:     Additional JARs have been added : 'entity.jar'
Oct 17, 2006 1:09:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
INFO: Reloading this Context has started
AbandonedObjectPool is used
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
   LogAbandoned: false
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 60
Oct 17, 2006 1:10:01 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
modified
INFO:     Additional JARs have been added : 'entity.jar'
Oct 17, 2006 1:10:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
INFO: Reloading this Context has started
AbandonedObjectPool is used
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
   LogAbandoned: false
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 60
Oct 17, 2006 1:10:11 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
modified
INFO:     Additional JARs have been added : 'entity.jar'
Oct 17, 2006 1:10:11 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
INFO: Reloading this Context has started
AbandonedObjectPool is used
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
   LogAbandoned: false
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 60
Oct 17, 2006 1:10:22 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
modified
INFO:     Additional JARs have been added : 'entity.jar'
Oct 17, 2006 1:10:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload