Just my 5 cents: I clicked like a crazy user (clicked 5 or 10 times, not
giving the chance to to page to be loaded, just when I stopped clicking)
on a link to a jsp in our page and got some broken pipes, and I use
mod_proxy_ajp, apache 2.2.3, Jdk 1.5.07 and tomcat 5.5.17. Under heavy
load I suppose we have more broken pipes because of the delay in serving
pages, so users click and cancel more often.
So broken pipes occur with mod_proxy_ajp too.

Rafael Sarres de Almeida
Seção de Gerenciamento de Rede
Superior Tribunal de Justiça
Tel: (61) 3319-9342

Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
18/10/2006 19:27
Favor responder a
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Para
Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Assunto
Re: mod_jk broken pipe

Hi Martin,

Martin Kautz schrieb:
> Rainer,
>
> Thank you, but I'd like to know a bit more. Is there a way to avoid
> "pipes get
> broken"? Even if this issue does not affect the user's expirience I'd
> like to get rid of that log file pollution.
> I forgot to mention that the issue only applies to concurrent
> requests from 'ab'.

Sorry, no. AJP misses a clean way of shutting down a connection.
It's one of the most unpleasant things with mod_jk/Tomcat. I might take
some time and think about a solution, but I'm not very confident, that I
can find an easy one.

I would be interested, if you could confirm, that your ab observation
fits my expectation, i.e. not many more Broken Pipes than concurrency in
ab, even if flag "n" is chosen much higher than "c".

Also: in production the exception should happen for requests with a long
duration in your access log (%D=microseconds in the LogFormat for apache
2.0).

Regards,

Rainer