Hello,

> The issue seems to be with commons-logging, Tomcat and Hibernate
>
> There are lot of articles on the Web on this but I still can't resolve
> this
> Anyone have Hibernate 3.2 and Tomcat 5.5 logging with commons-logging?
> >
> >Hi,
> >ENV1: Struts 1.2.9, Tomcat 5.5, Eclipse 3.2.0
> >ENV2: Struts 1.2.9, Tomcat 5.5, Eclipse 3.2.0, Hibernate 3.1
> >
> >The info below is logged to Tomcat in ENV1 but not ENV2.
> >How is Tomcat configured to log info?

this may be caused by the Eclipse startup of Tomcat. Try the same "standalone"
without Eclipse. If you still have problems check the path and versions of
commons-logging(JCL), update to JCL1.1 and enable the diagnostics:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/troubleshooting.html#Using_JCL_Diagnostics

Regards
Boris