Hello,

I've deployed a third party web application on my Tomcat servers. There are
no parameters for development or reloading set in the web applications
web.xml so I think the default values from conf/web.xml will be used which
is development=true is that correct?

I don't want to change the web applications web.xml for some reason, is it
enough to define a new parameter in conf/web.xml to disable development
functionality and gain better performance this way?

This is what I'm thinking about in conf/web.xml:
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>development</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>