I'm trying to do a similar setup as well and I'm using just about the same
configuration as shown below (I've attached my configs).  But I'm having one
big issue:  when I try to do a hot redeploy of my webapp, I do not see the
changes at http://rtv.myhost.com unless I restart Tomcat.  BUT, I do see the
changes immediately, if I go to http://10.2.1.100:8080/rtv.

Any advice as to what I'm doing wrong would be very much appreciated as I've
been banging my head on the desk for some time about this issue.

The only big difference I see in the configs is that I'm pointing my apache
virtual host's documentRoot to the same path as the webapp.  If I don't do
that, none of my static pages (.css, .js) get served properly, so I don't think
that it's the problem.

Thanks,
Josh

Apache config:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName rtv.myhost.com
    ServerAlias www.rtv.myhost.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/rtv
    DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html
    ErrorLog logs/rtv. myhost.com-errorlog
    CustomLog logs/rtv. myhost.com-accesslog common

    <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/rtv">
        Options +FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    #DENY ACCESS TO WEB-INF and META-INF
    <Location "/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    <Location "/META-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    #ROUTE ALL JSP AND SERVLETS TO THE mod_jk WORKER
    #These extensions are specified in /etc/httpd/conf.d/jk.conf file
    JkMount /*.do router
    JkMount /*.jsp router
</VirtualHost>

Tomcat config:

<Host
    name="rtv.myhost.com"
    appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/rtv"
    unpackWARs="true"
    autoDeploy="true"
    xmlValidation="false"
    xmlNamespaceAware="false">

    <Context path="" docBase="" debug="" />

    <Logger
        className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
        directory="logs"
        prefix="rtv.myhost.com_log" />

</Host>