Hello everyone.

I am using Tomcat 5.5 and have a webapp called vcs. The config is like this:

 <Host name="localhost" appBase="/var/local/projects/vcs" ...
    <Context path="" docBase="/var/local/projects/vcs/vcs.war" ...

This WAR contains the WEB-INF folder and its contents, nothing else.

When I start Tomcat it unpacks the WAR in as

/var/local/projects/vcs/ROOT/WEB-INF

Any idea why this is happening? The application seems to be working, that's
the crazy thing. But as far as I know the only time the ROOT directory is
created is when you unpack a ROOT.war, which I don't have ...

Many thanks,
Bob

ps. I know I shouldn't be putting this stuff in server.xml but rather in
seperate context.xml files, but I inherited the config this way and my
client seems to fear change ...