From: Mark Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 7:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Using tomcat with commons-digester in commons/lib won't
work

Allen,Eva wrote:
> What gives?  It looks like the version of commons-digester.jar that
> comes with tomcat 4.1.24 isn't even compatible with it, but that can't

> be right?  I suppose the bigger question, though, is how can I get
> Jakarta digester and tomcat 4 to play nice with each other?

Almost certainly failed because of other jars digester depends on that
you didn't move.

You should be able to leave the Tomcat jars alone and place copies of
all the jars you need in the lib directory of your webapp. There have
been some class loading issues that the latest Tomcat 4 release
(4.1.34) should have resolved.

Mark