Hello *,

i have a problem with a special character:

I have a form and want to send the "-" whitch is in HTML "–" (ANSI 0150).

Because I have some Problems with the german special character (äüö) i have to
convert the input String:

var value = escape(text);

the character is encoded to "%u2013"

but after this string the request parameter will not arrive in tomcat.

For example with:

http://localhost/myapp/index.jsp?test=test&test2=%u2013test2&test3=test3

I get only test and test3, test2 is missing completely.

Is this a limitation in tomcat? Is there a work around? Or is it a Bug?

I using Tomcat 5.5.17 on Gentoo charset is ISO-8859-1.

Thanks for any advice!

Christian