Christian,

> My Problem is, that the encoding is done by JavaScript at the Cilent
> and therefore with the clients charset, in Germany normally
> ISO-8859-1.

Hmmm...

> With most for the other special characters this works fine, but some
> won't work especially the ANSI (ALT) 0150.
>
> What I have tried is: encode the String by encodeURI. But then I've
> Problems with my German Characters (ÄÖÜ).

When does this fail? Are you submitting data via a form? AJAX? I don't
do a lot of work with Javascript, and when I do, I don't encode anything
on the client-side.

I've basically switched everything to UTF-8 on my servers (database,
Java, charset in outgoing HTML pages, etc.) and it all seems to work well.

-chris