What is your platform and what is errno 13 on your platform?

Can you confirm, that tomcat listens on the port your worker p2 is configured for (using netstat -n or a similar tool)?

Can you connect to the ip and port specified with p2 from your apache machine with telnet?

Regards,

Rainer

Kim Albee wrote:
We are running Tomcat 5.0.30 and Apache 1.2 using mod_jk, with
workers.properties.

It's been working just fine, no problems.   But our ISP had a power outage,
that forced a reboot on the servers.  And now, one of the servers
Apache/Tomcat link appears to not work, so that server is still offline.
Again, we had no config changes, only a reboot forced on the server.

The error I get in the logs is:  Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is
probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=p2 failed
errno = 13

But tomcat is starting up per our script as always -- again, nothing has
changed... it just seems very wierd.  we stop it, stop our app, start our
app, and start tomcat -- we get no errors from teh tomcat startup... we have
also tried stopping and restarting apache -- nothing seems to get past this
issue -- again -- used to work perfectly, and we have made zero config
changes.

HAs anyone run into this occurring?

thanks,
Kim :-)