I have written a Realm that uses LDAP to login to racf. When a user enters their username and password incorrectly or their password has expired I want to give them feedback so they can take appropriate action. I am trying to use a static ThreadLocal within the realm I created to store any error message and then access this in my form-error-page. Even though it appears that the ThreadLocal get and set methods are using the same thread, the value returned from the get is always null. I have tried replacing the ThreadLocal with a normal static String but this is also always null when I call get from my jsp. Does anyone know why the statics are null?

Thanks, Jamie