> From: Daniela Marangoni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: R: R: PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO TOMCAT MANAGER
>
> Do you I need to define 8080 on file services located on the
> directory:
> Winnt\system32\drivers??

No.  But, ping will not tell you if a specific port is blocked by your
Windows firewall.

Let's get back to basics: do you see the Tomcat welcome page when
entering http://localhost:8080?  If not, then it's likely the Windows
firewall installed on your system that is disabling traffic on that
port.  Use the firewally GUI to make that port valid.

Also, when Tomcat is running, what does netstat -a say about ports being
listened to?

Are you using a standard Tomcat download?  Are there any other changes
you have made to it besides adding the userids?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.