> From: Dort Wach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: RE: Howto continue TimerTask after Tomcat Server
> was restarted
>
> I don't want to shut down TimerTask, but if someone, not me,
> shut down the Tomcat server, or Tomcat server crashes, than
> this someone will start it again.

If the timer task does not terminate properly, the JVM may not shut down
when Tomcat is trying to do so.  There's a FAQ entry for this:
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/misc.html#stop

You can mark the thread as a daemon; depending on what you're doing, it
may be better to use an appropriate listener function to set a
termination flag, and have the timer task check it reasonably
frequently.

> Do you have any idea, how to implement it?

Again, read section 10 of the servlet spec:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/mrel/jsr154/index.html

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.