hi

  Thanks for ur reply. I actually already new what u just mentioned.

  The problem is I tried 100s of times to run it

  my tomcat is running at 8080 on my pc.

  I enter the ip address like:

  http://routerip:8080/index.html

  Is that the correct way, or do I need to change the ports, some ppl say it
should be port 80, but I don't know how to chnage  to port 80 on tomcat.

  My router has assigned an ip to my PC which is like 192.168.1.2, so when do I
need this local ip.

  I am getting confused.

  I hope u have time to answer my problem, i'd really appreciate.

  Thank u

EDMOND KEMOKAI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Firstly you'll need to configure (open some ports) your router to allow
direct access to the tomcat port on your machine. Assuming you know the IP
address of your router ( type in google: "what's my IP address"), user
should be able to connect to your app by typing something like
"http://YourRouter's IP:Tomcat Port/your context path"..That should be
it.

--
* "Still searching for the gatekeeper to the Valence-Band, let me out of
here!"

"talk trash and carry a small stick."
PAUL KRUGMAN (NYT)

Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on the  new
Yahoo.com