yes, I have Tomcat 5.5 on Windows also, and I don't have these
problems.  I'm trying to set this up on a Linux machine though,
because developing and hosting on my laptop just isn't working.  The
wars are open-source apps that deploy fine on my Windows box, so I'm
guessing it must be a config or permissions problem somewhere.

On 10/28/06, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Changing the webapps directory
>
> First, eventhough autodeploy is set to true, it's not
> deploying wars I put into this directory.

What's the file structure inside the .war?  There should be a WEB-INF
directory with a web.xml inside that.

> Second, after looking at the examples pages, I see that
> servlets run fine, but jsp examples return compiler errors.

I've got a stock 5.5.20 download installed on XP Pro, other than moving
webapps to C:\atc-webapps and updating the <Host> appBase setting to
"C:/atc-webapps" (note the forward slash, even on Windows).  Dropped
probe.war into C:\atc-webapps while Tomcat was running, and it was
immediately usable.  All of the JSP and Servlet examples work fine.

Suggest trying a clean download and changing one thing at a time.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.