Hi,

I changed the mapping to as follows but no joy. Although the problem
seems to of changed slightly. When I try to request an images
http://myhost/images/error/logo.gif i get a 404. I have double checked
and the image is definatly in the correct location.

<servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>testerror</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/error/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/images/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

   <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>test</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

On 10/30/06, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Servlet Mappings
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>testerror</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/error/*</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>

The above is correct; note the trailing "/*".

>      <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>test</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>

This one says to send everything that doesn't match something else to
the "test" servlet.

>     <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>/images</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>

This one is missing the trailing "/*".

>     <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>/css</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>

Is this intended to send only items from the css directory to the
default servlet?  If so, then you're missing the trailing "/*".  If you
want to send all .css files to the default, use "*.css", with no
slashes.

>     <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>/js</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>

Similar to the css one: you need a trailing "/*" or it should be
"*.js*".

Order of servlet mappings is not important - the spec requires that the
container honor the longest match first.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.