Hello!

  I am experiencing some strange html problems in tomcat. I am using the Apache
Tomcat 5.5.20 Server

  The problem is strange to describe. I am trying to enable some vidoe clips
files to be downloaded by users, but unfortunatley instead of downloading it
opens up the garbage text on the webpage, just like if u try to open a media
file in notepad or wordpad. It does not allow to download the media files.

  But when I try running the html page outside tomcat or in another server, it
opens up perfectly.

  I am using .rmvb and .wmv format clips.

  I am using this type of basic coding.

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1 - transitional.dtd">

    <head>
          <title> download video</title>
      </head>

  Thank u

"Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > From: Alistair McDonald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: (FIXED) RE: tomcat can't serve HTML pages more than
> 48K in size
>
> Thanks for that. Solved the problem nicely.

By the way, I just tested with a 78k static HTML page on a near stock
5.5.20, and did not experience any problems in delivering the page.
Perhaps the issue you encountered with 5.5.9 is fixed in a later level.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.