On 11/1/06, Subscriber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I've configured Tomcat 5.5.17 to use CLIENT-CERT as authentication
mechanism via web.xml in my web application. This works as expected and
the user gets prompted for a certificate. I'm facing a problem, because
when the user supplies a certificate that has expired Tomcat throws an
exception in the log like this:

INFO: SSL Error getting client Certs
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Thu Jan 19
08:40:14 CET 2
006

My problem is, that I would like to handle the case myself and avoid
exceptions in the log and present the user with a good error message. In
this case, the user has no clue what-so-ever of what happened because
the error remains within Tomcat. What can I do to catch the error myself?

Have you tried something like this in your web.xml?

<error-page>
<exception-type>java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException</exception-type>
<location>/WEB-INF/errors/expired.jsp</location>
</error-page>

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]