Not while Tomcat is running.
I am aware of the work folder. It happens when Tomcat starts with
empty work folder.

Just upgraded to J2SDK1.4.2_12 - the same result

On 01/11/06, Darek Czarkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are you deleting the content of work folder while tomcat is running?
Don't!

"Work Folder: Automatically generated by Tomcat, this is where Tomcat
places
intermediate files (such as compiled JSP files) during it's work. If you
delete this directory while Tomcat is running you will not be able to
execute JSP pages."

--
Darek Czarkowski
www.infinitesource.ca