Greetings.
I have been having a problem recently with webapps losing access to the shared classloader, or, worse, the common classloader. It occurred apparently spontaneously a week ago, and I simply moved to a clean Tomcat container of 5.5.20 (I needed to upgrade anyway). It's been working fine since.

However, this morning, one of my webapps cannot see the MySQL JDBC jar in the shared classloader...and another cannot see the servlet- api jar in the common classloader. This makes it very difficult to actually do anything...

I have not modified either the common/lib, shared/lib, or <webapp>/ WEB-INF/lib directories since yesterday, when both these webapps were working just fine. All I've done (that I can tell) is restarted Tomcat. It was similar last week--everything was working OK, and for some reason I had to restart Tomcat, and it stopped working (one webapp couldn't find javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet).

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Timothy Collett

--

With searching comes loss
and the presence of absence: