It's looking for LogFactory in main of Bootstrap. Have a look to learn at the manifest of the bootstrap.jar to learn about the dependencies.

Regards,

Rainer

Stephan Schöffel wrote:
hi there

i'm trying to alter the bootstrap.java class to fit my needs. i got the source of 5.5.20. now i altered the source in eclipse and exported all files that belong to it to "bootstrap.jar" and copy it to my tomcat/bin dir.

unfortunately i get the following error-message while trying to run it:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lo
gging/LogFactory
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.<clinit>(Bootstrap.java:53)

i searched the LogFactory but could not find a main class there. anyone got an idea?

--stephan