Ok, let me ask another question.  If I want to change the directory to
where I put JSP files that I don't want to package into a WAR, to say,
"/usr/local/apache2/htdocs", how do I do that?

- Dave

On 11/13/06, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: D. Alvarado [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Why is "ROOT" appended?
>
>       <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>
> but when i request a loose page, it gets the file from "webapps/ROOT".
>  How do I change the configuration such that it gets the page from
> "webapps"?

You can't, and you should not be putting random files under webapps.
All pages must belong to some webapp or another (there's no such thing
as a "loose page"), and those apps are by default under webapps.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.