On 11/13/06, Peter Rossbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Comet style communication work also with the new  NIO Connector.
Test it with Tomcat 6.0.1 or the svn trunk.

         <Connector port="8084"
                    URIEncoding="UTF-8"
                   connectionTimeout="300000"

protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"/>

My current example is simple and works only at firefox. Next step to
implement are client reconnect and message retry :-(
I now start a deeper look at DWR, dojo, ActiveMQ AJAX examples.

Yes, it provides the IO, and you are supposed to implement some sort
of higher level protocol on top of that (the chat example at the
moment is supposed to be used with a telnet rather than a browser).

Rémy