Can you let me know if this is correct:

1.      Generate server keystore:
a.      keytool -genkey -alias <server alias> -keystore <server
keystore> -keyalg RSA
b.      Enter server information as prompted
2.      Generate client keystore
a.      keytool -genkey -alias <client alias> -keystore <client
keystore> -keyalg RSA
b.      Enter server information as prompted
3.      Export server certificate:
a.      keytool -export -alias <server alias> -keystore <server
keystore> -file <server file>
4.      Export client certificate:
a.      keytool -export -alias <client alias> -keystore <client
keystore> -file <client file>
5.      Import server certificate into client:
a.      keytool -import -alias <server alias> -keystore <client
keystore> -file <file - from point 3a>
6.      Import client certificate into server:
a.      keytool -import -alias <client alias> -keystore <server
keystore> -file <file - from point 4a>

After going through the above motions, it occurred to me that I had not
issued any commands with -selfcert.  So I went through that process as
well, then re-exported and re-imported the certificates into the
relevant keystores (restarting tomcat to ensure the latest certificates
are been used), still with no success (same stack trace as my last
posting).

When I review the certificate, there does not seem to be an extra root
certificate other than the one that I generated to start with.  I feel
that I am missing some fundamental step or set up.

Regards,
Andrew Friebel