Should work as is with the allow expression typed either way.  Do you
have Apache httpd or something similar acting as a proxy server at
192.168.200.188?  A quick diagnostic might show if this is the case:

<jsp:root version="1.2"  xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page";>
    <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
session="false" />
    <jsp:text>
        <![CDATA[<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
            "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";> ]]>
    </jsp:text>
        <head>
            <title>View remote address test</title>
        </head>
</jsp:root>

Drop it in your webapp and call it from various clients to see if the
valve is really failing or a proxy is making them all look like they are
from the same place..

Side note on the allow expression: the '.' character is a wild card
character -- '192w168t200f188' would evaluate the same as
192.168.200.188 with the way you typed it the first time.  '\.' matches
the literal '.' character.  If anything, the second one you tried was
more restrictive.

--David