Steffen Heil wrote:
Hi

I downloaded Wireshark and I think you are absolutely right.

The packets are not even reaching my machine in this situation. Something in between is stopping them.

So this is not a Tomcat question at all.
I don't believe so. Actually I forgot to tell you about the output of the Packet Analysis.

When I run the application through the Emulator it works fine.

I thought this was because the emulator was running on a PC and behaved differently by using the PC's HTPP stack (i.e. it didn't do Chunked Transfer). By examining the packets arriving on my web server machine I was able to see that the emulator was also using Chunked Transfer. That proves that there is nothing wrong with the Tomcat handling of Chunked because it works for that situation.

It's really got to be an intermediate server that is causing the issue when I send from a real phone (since packets dont reach my server).

Thanks, for your help.
Can you offer me any suggestions as to how I can track down the problem?

My phone is operating on an Orange network in the UK.

Call them. Ask them.
I don't hold out a lot of hope of getting a sensible reply :-)
Regards,
   Steffen