On 11/13/06, Peter Neu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm trying to define an ip access filter with RemoteAddrValve in the
context.xml file I deploy with my war file.

If I read the documentation right the only thing to be done is write the
following into the context.xml file:

Did you edit this context.xml *after* deploying a WAR? If so, is
there a corresponding config file that Tomcat's copied into
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/{hostname} ? If so, I bet it still
looks like the original one, i.e., no Valve.

<Context path="/user/public/">

Probably unrelated, but you shouldn't have a path attribute in a
context.xml file under META-INF, and is that *really* what you want
the path to be?
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]