We are finishing our conversion from running RHEL 3 and resin to RHEL 4and Tomcat5.
Most things have gone well, some memory tuning was needed of course.
However our firewall admin has noticed that the server is making constant queries to w3.org and Sun
Clearly at the top of many documents is the DOCTYPE tag:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
or
<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd";>

Do these cause the web server to pull down these files?
Is there a way to get tomcat/apache to cache them if so?
They seem to get looked at for every page load.

Thanks in advance all.

--
John McCoy, Jr