Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Robbert wrote:
>> Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:
>>> Whether or not you use struts, I highly recommend that you avoid tricks
>>> like calling a servlet from a JSP in order to execute your business
>>> logic. If you have a waterfall-style logical flow (i.e. execute servlet
>>> first, then JSP), it's only natural to have the flow actually do that.
>>> It's okay if you application isn't 100% "pull-based" ;)
>>>
>>> -chris
>>
>> It seemed like a good way of doing things at the time, since the
>> Servlet's
>> output is not needed for the page itself. :p But I am doing more things
>> than
>> necessary, yeah.
>
> Aah, I see that you're saying. Often, servlets emit no output. I would
> say that /almost all/ servlets emit no output, but that they are
> generally used to set up the request so that control can be passed to an
> output-generating mechanism (JSP, Velocity, whatever). This is the
> natural way that pretty much everybody does servlet programming.
>
> The best reason to switch is that you are having problems with your
> awkward setup, eh? ;)
>
> Good luck,
> - -chris

Well, switching things around a bit worked. After reinstalling Tomcat Apache
and ant completely and starting from scratch, I managed to get it working.
Before a page is called, it invokes the StatistiekServlet and then does a
requestDispatcher to the page that the user wants to see (e.g.: The user
requests /Index, the StatistiekServlet registers the necessary hits and
forwards to /pages/Index.jsp).

At least I now get images and everything is being processed correctly.
There's another problem, but I'll get to that in another thread.

Thanks for your outstanding help! I owe you a beer. ;)

Regards,
Robbert