Yes, I know.

Originally I wrote that because of the observed Headers with LiveHTTPHeaders
in Mozilla. I didn't realize that Transfer-Encoding is an Hop-To-Hop header
which was stripped by our proxy-server. Later during snooping I also noticed
that this header wasn't send by Tomcat through the AJP13 connector.
Apparently this header is added by Apache itself.

I did some more snooping to catch the guilty requests, but with no success.
So after three days of trying without success I will rest this. Maybe I will
come with a better idea to investigate this problem further. Thanks for your
time.

regards Henk Fictorie