From: Richard K Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 10:21 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Deploying apps outside of the Tomcat root

Hi, I'm new to Tomcat and would appreciate any help with the following
question:

I have Tomcat 6 running on my Mac.  I can access http://localhost:
8080/docs, /examples, etc.

However, I would like to deploy a project in my home folder.  This
folder contains a WEB-INF folder and all the jsp files.  How can I
switch Tomcat to point to /Users/me/dev/myproject/web instead of /usr/
local/tomcat/webapps where it currently is?  (I can't move my project
into the webapps folder because it needs to be at the web root and I'd
prefer to keep it separate from the Tomcat installation anyway.)

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Richard

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender
immediately and destroy this email
without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer
errors, viruses, delay,
interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup")
do not accept liability for
damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.