Hi, I'm using Tomcat 5.5 with Apache 2.  Upon getting jsp compilation
errors, I'm not told any inofrmation about the code the causaed the
error and the line printed is incorrect.  What do I need to configure
to correct this?  For example, this page below:

<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
<%
       Object v = new String("b");
       session.setAttribute("a", v);

       Enumeration e = session.getAttributeNames();
       while (e.hasMoreElements()) {
               String attr = (String) e.nextElement();
               String v1 = session.getAttribute(attr);
               String v2 = session.getValue(attr);
               out.println("attr: " + attr + " v1:" + v1 + " v2:" +
v2 + "<BR>\n");
       }   // while
%>

causes this error.  You can eventually figure out the problem, but
"line 2" is not right.

=============begin error========================
type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: 2 in the jsp file: /session_vars.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object to String

An error occurred at line: 2 in the jsp file: /session_vars.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object to String

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:512)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)