> From: kkus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: How to set app as default context in Tomcat?
>
> I am using Tomcat 5.5.20 and my app in XP. I need set my app
> as default context so I will only use url localhost:8080
> instead of localhost:8080/app.

The default app must be named ROOT.  This is supplied by the name of the
subdirectory of webapps, or packaging your app as ROOT.war under
webapps.  You may also specify it by using a <Context> element in
conf/[engine]/[host]/ROOT.xml, if your app is deployed somewhere other
than Tomcat's webapps directory.  The <Context> element normally goes in
webapps/<appname>/META-INF/context.xml.

> The only line I added in server.xml is as below(<Context> only),

It is strongly discouraged to put <Context> elements in server.xml,
since it requires a Tomcat restart to change them.

Read the doc:

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.