I am running a instance of Tomcat in which there is one web site that is
running SSL and a cert from Verisign. The server.conf has the entry for
the real DNS name and the certificate configured and all is good. This
site is a production site.

I just purchased another box for development purposes. I want to be able
to copy the code down from production and start working on version 2 of
the site. Problem is, I do not have a DNS entry for the devsite. I just
figured I could enable SSL for a instance and run like so.

So my question is, can I create one instance that is SSL on my new
tomcat 5.5.17 that does not have a valid SSL certificate, but the code
from above would run on? If so, please advise.

Thanks,

Scott