Thanks a lot Chuck, the global web.xml is very good stuff. I misunderstood
the function of the global web.xml before, I thought it was only applied
when a web application does not have a web.xml before.

I read the introduction message in the web.xml file after i saw your hint.
now I put the SetCharacterEncoding filter config into the global web.xml,
and delete the SetCharacterEncoding filter config from each web application,
it works ok, thanks again !