Thanks for the idea Peter.

I thought of maybe putting a filter on the certain url pattern that I want,
but instead of turning back the user, I could put his thread to sleep for
aset amount of time and have him try again.  Hopefully by then some of the
earlier threads will have finished and he can be let through.

Do you some inherent problem with this?

Thanks,
Adam.