From: "Vacuum Joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: Embedding Tomcat in a standalone JAR

"what/which tasks do you want this embedded tomcat to accomplish?"

Very simple tasks!  I have a few Servlets and a few simple JSPs and a little
bit of static content (html files and images) that I need it to run.  No other
external things, like no DB or anything else.  No need for any other fancy
features.  Really it's just to host some example JSPs on a local server.  Right
now I'm looking into Jetty, which looks like it can run a war file from the
command line.  I might be able to modify that to use the same jar for the
server classes AND the web app files.  But I've never used Jetty for anything,
and I would prefer to stay with familiar territory, namely Tomcat.

Any ideas would be appreciated.