I've experience problem with web app deployments under Solaris.
I have one web app that serves all requests.Context path=""(default app).But
requests for dirs such bin,conf,work,webapp and other in CATALINA_HOME don't
go o my app and served by tomcat.
Under Linux and windows same config works well. Is this known?Have you some
workarounds or fixes for this?
exists in versions 5.5.15-20(lower no tested)
------------------------------
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

<Service name="Catalina">
  <Connector
          port="80"
          enableLookups="false"
          useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
          maxSpareThreads="100"
          compression="on"
          compressionMinSize="2048"
          noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
          compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain"
          />
  <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="host">
          <Host name="host"
                autoDeploy="false" deployXML="false">
          </Host>
  </Engine>

</Service>
</Server>
<Context path="" docBase="/opt/app/" debug="0" reloadable="false"/>

Thanks,Sergey